Dental FAQs


eyeglasses online

Does the VERB Trust offer group dental plans?

Yes, VLCT sponsors six dental plans through Northeast Delta Dental for members to choose from.

Who is eligible for the VLCT dental plan?

Any VLCT member municipality is eligible to participate.

How much do the dental plans cost?

VLCT's group rates vary depending upon the plan type and riders selected, but all are very competitively priced.

What types of treatments and procedures are covered under the dental plan?

Depending on which plan you choose, various treatments and procedures are covered, including cleanings, x-rays, fillings, oral surgery, root canals, crowns, bridges, and implants, to name a few.

When is Open Enrollment for VLCT's dental plans?

The month-long Open Enrollment period depends on which plan year the municipality has contracted for.

♦  Fiscal year plans operate July 1 - June 30 and have Open Enrollment throughout May.

♦  Calendar year plans operate January 1 - December 31 and have Open Enrollment throughout November.

How and when can a municipality register in the dental plan?

A municipality registers by submitting a Contract Application Form directly to Northeast Delta Dental. This can be done at any time, and coverage is effective the first day of the following month.

When is coverage effective?

VLCT dental coverage is effective the first day of the month after submitting necessary paperwork directly to Northeast Delta Dental.

When and how can an employee enroll in the dental plan?

An employee can enroll either as soon as the municipality's post-hiring waiting period is complete or during a subsequent Open Enrollment period. To enroll, the employee must complete an Enrollment/Change Form and submit it directly to Northeast Delta Dental.

Can a municipality change its VLCT dental plan?

Yes, you can change to any of our other options during your Open Enrollment period.

When can an employee add or drop a dependent?

An employee can add or drop a dependent either during your Open Enrollment period or at the time of a qualifying event such as marriage; birth; adoption; a child's 19th, 25th, or 26th birthday (according to the child's student status or if the group has the rider for covering dependents up to age 26); or the date of a divorce settlement.